Joe: Holy smoke, the princess interview. Eleven forty-five.
乔:天哪,采访公主。11点45分。
Anne: Hmm. Hush he hastens to his ice.
安妮:嗯。
Man: Hi, Joe.
乔:嘘。 他匆匆赶到了办公室。
Secretary: Good morning, Joe.
男:乔,你好。
Joe: Hello, honey.
乔:你好,亲爱的。
Secretary: Mr. Hennessy has been looking for you.
秘书:亨尼西先生一直在找你。
Joe: Uh-oh. Thanks a lot, honey. Joe knocks at the door of Mr, Hennessy's office.
乔:糟了。非常感谢,亲爱的。乔敲亨尼西先生办公室的门。
Hennessy: Comein!
亨尼西:进来!
Joe: You've been looking for me?
乔:你在找我?
Hennessy: Just coming in to work?
亨尼西:才来上班吧?
Joe: Who? Me?
乔:谁?我?
Hennessy: We start our days at 8: 30 in the office. We pick up our assignments...
亨尼西:我们8点半上班,我们分派的任务……
Joe: I picked mine up last night.
乔:我昨晚就接到分派的任务了。
Hennessy: What assignment was that?
亨尼西:你接到了什么任务?
Joe: The princess, 11: 45.
乔:11点45分采访公主。
Hennessy: You 've already been to the interview?
亨尼西:你已经去采访了吗?
Joe: Sure, I just got back.
乔:当然,我刚回来。
Hennessy: Well, well, well. All my apologies.
亨尼西:好,好,好,我向你道歉。
Joe: It's all right.
乔:没事儿。
Hennessy: This is very interesting.
亨尼西:这很有趣。
Joe: No, just routine.
乔:不,只是例行公事。
Hennessy: Tell me, tell me. did she answer all the questions on the list?
亨尼西:告诉我,告诉我,她回答了你列出的所有问题吗?
Joe: Well, of course she did. I've got them right here somewhere.
乔:噢,她当然回答了。答案就在这里。
Hennessy: Don't disturb yourself. I have a copy here. How did Her Highness react to the idea of a European Federation?
亨尼西:别麻烦了,我这里有备份。在欧盟构想上,公主殿下作何反应?
Joe: Thought it was just fine.
乔:认为挺不错的。
Hennessy: She did?
亨尼西:她是这样说的吗?
Joe: Well, she thought that there'd be two effects.
乔:嗯,她认为可能有两种影响。
Hennessy: Two.
亨尼西:两种。
Joe: The direct and indirect.
乔:间接影响和直接影响。
Hennessy: Remarkable.
亨尼西:不错。
Joe: Naturally she thought that the indirect may not be as direct as the direct. At least not right away. Later on, of course, well, nobody knows.
乔:她认为间接影响不可能会像直接影响那样直接,至少不会是即时的影响,是以后的事,嗯,无人知道。
Hennessy: Welt, well, well. That was a shrewd observation. They fool you, you know these Royal kids. They've got a lot more on the ball than we suspect. How did she feel about the future friendship of nations?
Joe: Youth. She felt that the youth of the world must lead the way to a better world.
乔:年轻人。她认为年轻人是世界的未来,必须往美好的方向发展。
Hennessy: Original By the way, what was she wearing?
亨尼西:真有创意。顺便问一下,她今天穿什么衣服?
Joe: You mean, what did she have on?
乔:你是说,她穿什么?
Hennessy: Well, that's usually what it means. What's the matter, is it a little warm in here for you.
亨尼西:噢,通常就是这意思。怎么了?这里太热了?
Joe: No, no just hurried over here.
乔:不,不,我只是刚赶回来。
Hennessy: Oh, that is sure with a story of these dimensions. Did you say she was wearing gray?
亨尼西:噢,当然还带来一个诸如此类的故事。你是说她穿着灰色吗?
Joe No, I didn't say that.
乔:不,我没那样说。
Hennessy: Well, she usually wears gray.
亨尼西:噢,她通常穿灰色的衣服。
Joe: Oh, well... er... it was a kind of a gray.
乔:噢,这个……呃……是一种灰色。
Hennessy: Oh, I think I know the dress you mean. It has a gold collar.
亨尼西:噢,我想我知道你指的那种衣服,是有金领的那种。
Joe: That's the one. I didn't know exactly how to describe it, but that's it.
乔:就是这种,我不知该如何描述才确切,但就是这种。
Hennessy: I think you described it very well. In view with the fact that our Highness was taken violently ill at three o'clock this morning, put to bed with a high fever and has had all her appointments for today canceled in total!