Dr. Marsha: No last names, Jonah. You sound younger than our usual callers. How old are you?
玛莎:乔纳,能告诉我您的全名吗?听你的声音比平常打来的听众要小,你多大了?
Jonah: I'm eight
乔纳:八岁。
Dr. Marsha: Eight! How come you're up so late?
玛莎:八岁!你怎么这么晚还不睡呢?
Jonah: It's not that late in Seattle.
乔纳:在西雅图还不算晚。
Dr. Marsha: Oh, of course. You're absolutely right well, what's your Christmas wish, Jonah?
玛莎:哦,那当然,你说的没错。乔纳,你的圣诞愿望是什么?
Jonah: It's not for me, it's for my dad. I think be needs a new wife.
乔纳:不是为我,是为了我爸爸,我想他需要一位新妻子。
Dr. Marsha: You don't like the one he has now?
玛莎:你不喜欢他现在的这位吗?
Jonah: He doesn't have one now. That's the problem.
乔纳:问题是他现在没有妻子了。
Dr. Marsha: Where's your mom?
玛莎:你妈妈呢?
Jonah: She died.
乔纳:她去世了。
Dr Marsha: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
玛莎:哦,对不起。
Jonah: I've been pretty sad, but I think my dad's worse.
乔纳:我一直都很难过,但我想我爸爸更加难过。
Dr. Marsha: Have you talked to your dad about this?
玛莎:你与你爸谈过这事吗?
Jonah: No.
乔纳:没有。
Dr. Marsha: Why not?
玛莎:为什么?
Jonah: It's like it makes him sadder.
乔纳:这似乎会让他更伤心。
Dr. Marsha: Well, I can understand that Jonah, is your dad home right now?
玛莎:这我可以理解。乔纳,你爸爸现在在家吗?
Jonah: Yeah.
乔纳:在家。
Dr. Marsha: What's he doing? Is he busy?
玛莎:他在干什么?他忙吗?
Jonah: Not really. He's out on the deck.
乔纳:不怎么忙,他在甲板上。
Dr. Marsha: Well, I'm sure that I can help, but I'm going to need you to help me help him.
玛莎:那么,我想我能帮帮他,但我需要你来帮我去帮他。
Annie: Oh, retched woman!
安妮:哦,这个坏女人!
Dr. Marsha: ... What will you do is bring your dad to the phone.
玛莎:……尔要做的就是叫你爸爸过来听电话。
Annie: Hang up Jonah! Don't listen to her!
安妮:挂断电话,乔纳!别听她的。
Jonah: No way! He'd kill me!
乔纳:不行!他会杀了我的!
Dr. Marsha: Trust me. Jonah. He won't be angry when he realizes how concerned you are about him
玛莎:相信我,乔纳。当他知道你这么关心他时,他是不会生气的。
Annie: Wanna bet?
安妮:不一定吧?
Jonah: Ok. But if I get yelled at, I'm never going to listen to your show again.
乔纳:好吧。但是如果我挨骂了,以后我就再也不听你的节目了。
Dr. Marsha: Ok. Fair enough.
玛莎:好的,很公平的。
Jonah: ( to Sam ) Dad!
乔纳:(对萨姆)爸爸!
Sam: Yeah?
萨姆:什么事?
Jonah: There is someone on the phone for you. ( to Dr. Marsha ) His name is Sam.
乔纳:你的电话。(对玛莎)他叫萨姆。
Dr. Marsha: ( to listeners )If you've just tuned in, this is Dr. Marsha Fieldstone and tonight's topic is "Your Wishes and Dreams" and we're on the line now someone from Seattle.
Dr Marsha: Hello, Sam. This is Dr. Marsha Fieldstone on Network America.
玛莎:你好,萨姆,我是美国广播网的玛莎·菲德斯通医生。
Sam: Ok, what are you selling tonight ?The micro hibachis or the ginza knives ?
萨姆:好吧,你今晚要向我推销什么?是微型小炭炉还是忍者刀?
Dr. Marsha: No, I'm not selling anything. I Just want to help. I want you to know that your son called and he asked me for some advice on how you might find a new wife.
玛莎:不,我什么都不卖,我只是想帮你。你儿子给我打了个电话,向我咨询如何帮你找个新太太。
Sam: Who is this?
萨姆:你是谁呀?
Dr. Marsha: Dr. Marsha Fieldstone of Network America and you are on the air.
玛莎:我是美国广播网的玛莎·菲德斯通医生,你的声音正通过广播传送。
Sam: ( to Jonah ) you called the radio station?
萨姆:(对乔纳)你打电话给电台了?
Dr. Marsha: Sam, Sam, are you with me?
玛莎:萨姆,萨姆,萨姆,你在听我说话吗?
Sam: Yeah, yes.
萨姆:是,是的。
Dr. Marsha: Your son feels that since your wife's death you've been very very unhappy and he's genuinely worried about you.
玛莎:你儿子觉得自从你夫人去世之后,你一直很不开心,他真的很担心你。
Sam: ( to Jonah ) Hey, get out here. Get out here! Come on! Now I'm not going to go through this alone.
萨姆:(对乔纳)嘿,出来!过这里来,过来!我不想一个人听她说。
Dr Marsha: I think it's very hard for him to talk to you about all this and I thought maybe you and I could talk Maybe it would make Jonah feel a little better, Sam?
玛莎:我想他很难和你说这件事,我认为或许我们可以谈谈,这样可能会使乔纳好受些,对吗,萨姆?
Jonah: ( to Sam ) Talk to her, dad, she's a doctor.
乔纳:(对萨姆)你说话呀,爸爸,她是位医生。
Sam: Of what? Her first name could be "Doctor".
萨姆:什么医生?可能她的名字就叫“医生”。
Jonah: Please.
乔纳:求求你。
Dr. Marsha: Sam. Sam. It's his Christmas wish.
玛莎:萨姆,听着,这是他的圣诞愿望。
Sam: Ok.
萨姆:好吧。
Dr. Marsha: Ok. Good. Now I know this is difficult, but how long ago did our Wife die?
玛莎:好的,我知道你不想再提,不过我还是要问尊夫人去世多久了?
Sam: About a year and a half ago.
萨姆:大约一年半以前。
Dr. Marsha: Have you had any relationships since?
玛莎:之后你没再交女友吗?
Sam: No.
萨姆:没有。
Dr. Marsha: No?Why not?
玛莎:没有?为什么?
Sam: Ah, Marsha, or should I call you Dr. Fieldstone.
萨姆:啊,玛莎,我该叫你菲德斯通医生吗?
Dr. Marsha: Dr. Marsha.
玛莎:叫我玛莎医生。
Sam: & Annie: Dr. Marsha.
萨姆和安妮:玛莎医生。
Sam: I don't mean to be rude...
萨姆:我不想无礼……
Dr. Marsha: ... and I don 't want to invade your privacy.
玛莎:我也不想侵犯你的隐私。
Sam & Annie: Sure you do.
萨姆和安妮:可你的确侵犯了。
Dr. Marsha: Go on. Sam I'm listening. Sam?
玛莎:接着说,萨姆,我在听着,萨姆?
Sam: We had a pretty tough time there at first...
萨姆:开始我们的确不好过……
Dr. Marsha: Hum-um.
玛莎:嗯。
Sam: But we're dealing with it and Jonah and I will get along just fine again, as soon as I break his radio.
萨姆:不过我们一直在克服着,我和乔纳会好起来的,只要我把他的收音机砸了。
Dr. Marsha: Ha-ha, I have no doubt that you're a wonderful father. You know, you can tell a lot from a person's voice.
玛莎:哈哈,我确信你是一位好父亲。你知道,你可以从一个人的声音中知道很多。
Sam: You certainly can.
萨姆:你当然可以。
Dr. Marsha: But something must be missing if Jonah still feels you're under a cloud. Now just a few questions. Are you sleeping at night?
Sam: Look, It's Christmas. Maggie, my Wife, she really did... I mean. she loved she made everything beautiful. It's just tough this time of year. Any kid needs a mother.
Dr. Marsha: Could it be that you need some one just as much as Jonah does?
玛莎:会不会是你和乔纳一样需要有个人来帮助?
Annie: Yes.
安妮:是的。
Dr Marsha: Don't answer that. Let's get into that right after these messages. Sam? Jonah? Don't go away, ( to listeners ) If you've just tuned in, we're talking to "Sleepless in Seattle. And we'll be right back, after this break, with your listener response.
Jonah: This is when other people get to call in and dump on what you said.
乔纳:就是其他人打电话来评论你刚才说的。
Sam: Oh. Oh. This is really fun. And helpful...
萨姆:哦,哦。真有趣,很有效嘛。
Dr. Marsha: ( to Sam ) If there was one question I was allowed to ask..
玛莎:(对萨姆)如果我可以问个问题的话……
Sam: Oh, go ahead.
萨姆:哦,说吧。
Dr. Marsha: People who have truly loved once are far more likely to love again. Sam, do you think there"s someone out there that you could love as much as your wife?
玛莎:曾经真心爱过的人很难再次恋爱。萨姆,你认为你会像爱妻子那样再爱另一个人吗?
Sam: Well, Dr. Marsha Fieldstone, that's hard to imagine.
萨姆:嗯,玛莎·菲德斯通医生,这很难说。
Dr. Marsha: What are you going to do?
玛莎:那你打算做些什么呢?
Sam: Well, I'm going to get out of bed every morning, and breathe in and out all day long. And then after a while, I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed in the morning and breathe in and out. And then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while.
Dr. Marsha: Sam, tell me what was so special about your wife?
玛莎:萨姆,告诉我,你妻子有什么特别之处?
Sam: How long is your program ? Oh, well, it was million tiny little things, and where you add them all up, it just meant that we were supposed to be together And I knew it. I knew it the first time I touched her. It was like coming home. Only to no home I'd ever known. I was just taking her hand, to.he(p her out of a car and I knew it. It was like...
Dr.Marsha: Well folks, it's time to wrap it up.I'm Dr. Marsha Fieldstone in Chicago, and to all my listeners, a magical and merry Christmas. And to you, "Sleepless in Seattle", we hope you'll call again soon and let us know how it 's going.